Spotify may already be your one-stop shop for music, but its ambitions don’t end there. This week, the company introduced video streaming of short clips from networks including ESPN and Comedy Central, podcasts, and curated content based on the time of day and your activities. Is this the content provider of the future?
4K UHD Blu-ray will soon be a thing. Sure, streaming 4K is nice, but it’s compressed content. To get the best quality possible, piped in to your 4K UHD TV, the disc is still the top option. Look for UHD Blu-ray players to arrive around the holidays.
The dream of thin, flexible TV panels is getting closer to reality. This week, LG displayed a roll-up OLED panel that sticks to the wall with magnets. Don’t expect to see it for sale on Amazon any time soon, but the prototype demonstrates what’s around the corner.
The “greasy fingers smudging your smartphone screen while eating” dilemma is finally solved, by KFC. Along with a 10 piece bucket, diners can now get a paper thin, rechargeable, Bluetooth keyboard to tap their greasy little fingers on. It’s dine-in only, but apparently you can take it home.
- All you need to know about Dolby Atmos, a new dimension for your home theater
- SunBrite’s 75-inch 4K outdoor TV lets you channel surf without losing your tan
- Sony’s 2018 home theater lineup includes Dolby Atmos soundbars and speakers
- What is HDR TV (and why should you care)?
- Bang & Olufsen’s BeoVision Eclipse TV gets a sleek, new wood-finished edition