Wearable tech waltzed into New York Fashion Week, trying to make geek, chic. Samsung’s newly released Gear S standalone smartwatch was one of the most prominent wearables to arrive on the cat walk. The Gear S is now part of Diesel’s Black and Gold collection.
The hardware of the Gear S remains the same, but the smartwatch is now set in a genuine leather band, which comes in a few different colors and styles. You can get the band in red, black, or white leather. Those who buy the Diesel version can also choose to add metal studs for a more punk rock, 1980’s feel. Samsung also recently announced a Swarovski crystal version for women.
The Gear S has a 2-inch AMOLED screen with a 360 x 480 pixel resolution. The standalone smartwatch is powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor, comes with 4GB of storage, 512MB of RAM, and a 300mAh battery. It also runs Tizen and can function without being connected to your smartphone. It even lets you make calls and send text messages.
Neither Samsung nor Diesel has said just how much the Black and Gold collection Gear S smartwatches will cost or when they will be available.
- Nixon’s all-action Mission SS smartwatch slips into something less casual
- The best, most stylish smartwatch to buy for him this Valentine’s Day
- Frederique Constant debuts world’s first mechanical smartwatch
- Need a Valentine’s Day gift for her? Here are the best, most stylish smartwatches
- Samsung’s Notebook 9’s S Pen challenges Google and Apple, sans batteries