Alessandro Mendini, for those that haven’t followed his work, is a flamboyant and colorful designer. One of his best known pieces, the Proust Armchair, is full of the vibrant colors you can expect to see on the Gear S2 and S2 Classic smartwatch bands.
“I believe the watch is one of the most precise and valuable devices that mankind has ever made, and Samsung has successfully reinvented this device in a way that fits within in our technology-driven world,” said Alessandro Mendini. “It was a fun and highly collaborative experience working with the global leading mobile company to craft something that merges the style of a traditional watch with the digital world for a completely unique design experience — it will truly become the future of mobility.”
The accessories will be available on launch day for customers to purchase. Samsung is planning on adding quite a few watch straps and other accessories to the store, so that customers can find a personal option that fits with their style.
Given the Gear S2 and S2 Classic’s laid back design compared to the Apple Watch and LG Watch Urbane, we could see a lot more designers making fun and colorful straps for the device. The smartwatch hits that target market of customers that want a smartwatch that looks like a watch, but don’t want it too expensive, perfectly.
Check out our hands on of the Gear S2 and S2 Classic from IFA 2015.
- The Garmin Vivosport fitness tracker is on sale on Amazon for $50 off
- Stay active with this Garmin Forerunner 645 smartwatch for 21% off on Amazon
- Best Buy offers a $100 discount on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- Amazon slashes a huge $96 off this Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 smartwatch
- All of the Apple products that made Jony Ive a living design legend