Ireland has been developing a reputation as a tech center for several years, and that received a big boost yesterday with the news that social networking site Facebook has selected the nation’s capital, Dublin, as the site for its new international headquarters. And no, it’s nothing to do with the Guinness.
According to the company, the new HQ will be home to both sales and technical operations covering Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
COO Sharyl Sandberg said:
"The talent pool in Dublin is world-class and recruiting local talent will help us better understand the needs of local users and the regional dynamics that, in turn, can give us better insight into what features matter most."
Earlier this year IBM announced that Dublin would be the home for a major new cloud computing center.
- The 55 best shows on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The 51 best movies on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The best Hulu original series you can stream right now