Today the British government will release the findings of its review into ways to increase broadband speeds for customers. The hope is to be able to increase speeds to 100 Mbps in the future.
However, the minimum price tag attached is over $10 billion.
Currently the average broadband speed is a little over 10 Mbps. Replacing old copper cables with fiber optic cables would enable much faster speeds. But one estimate is that it would cost over $56 billion to cover the entire country. Even taking fiber to street exchanges would cost $10 billion.
- The best wireless routers for 2021
- The best VPN services for 2021
- The best Netflix original series you can stream right now
- The best no-log VPN for 2021
- The best VPN for Windows in 2021