The very first teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be shown at select North American theaters this coming Thanksgiving weekend, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Regal Entertainment Group website revealed that this first look at the J.J. Abrams-helmed next chapter in the venerable sci fi franchise will be shown before all movies at select theaters across the country from November 28-30.
Here is the full list of confirmed theaters, as shared by Regal:
- Irvine, CA: Edwards Irvine Spectrum 22 & IMAX
- San Diego, CA: Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- Atlanta, GA: Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- Chicago, IL: Regal City North Stadium 14 IMAX & RPX
- New York, NY: Regal Union Square Stadium 14
- Warrington, PA: Regal Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 & IMAX
- Knoxville, TN: Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- Houston, TX: Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 IMAX & RPX
- Seattle, WA: Regal Thornton Place Stadium 14 & IMAX
AMC and Cinemark have also confirmed that their theaters will be participating in the preview, but they have not yet revealed the particular locations involved. According to a tweet from director Abrams, the trailer is 88 seconds long, so just a little taste to tide you over until it gets closer to the December 18, 2015 release.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) November 24, 2014