It would appear that million dollar cars are en vogue at the moment, and why not, sometimes you need to get where you’re going really fast and cost is of no concern. So if that’s the case, the speed demons over at Hennessey have just the set of wheels for you.
Similar in price to its million dollar Danish counterpart the Zenvo ST1, the 2013 Hennessey Venom GT Spyder is a roofless 1,200 horsepower, sickeningly fast beast on-wheels. It packs a mid-engine V8 capable of top speeds of 275 mph. It’s comprised of a lightweight carbon fiber body, carbon fiber wheels, and weighs in at 1200 kilograms.
You probably won’t mind getting caught in this Spyder’s web, but if the price tag doesn’t cause you concern maybe this will; the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder will come in an extremely limited run, with Hennessey Performance Engineering stating they will only produce five for the year 2013, two of which are already spoken for.
- Hold on to your butts: These are the fastest cars in the world
- Here is our list of the most expensive cars in the world
- Lamborghini’s record-breaking Huracan Performante loses its lid
- The Porsche 911 GT3 RS is a punk rock cover of an idyllic swan song
- The all-electric Rimac Concept 2 is a 1,900-hp bolt of lightning