A massive luxury SUV like the Range Rover Sport isn’t exactly stealthy, but you’ve got to give Land Rover credit for trying.
The British carmaker will unveil a Stealth Pack accessory package for the 2015 Range Rover Sport at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed later this month. While it doesn’t really lower the Sport’s profile, it doesn’t do any aesthetic damage either.
Quite the opposite, actually. The satin-black grille, fog-lamp bezels, vents, mirror caps, and tailgate trim really pop. So do the 21-inch or available 22-inch wheels. With so much brightwork blackened, the Range Rover Sport might even look genuinely stealthy in a dark color.
The Stealth Pack will only be available on the top HSE Dynamic and Autobiography Dynamic models. That means buyers will be able choose from a 3.0-liter supercharged V6 (HSE) with 340 horsepower, or a 5.0-liter supercharged V8 (Autobiography) with 510 hp.
Both engines are paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Land Rover reckons the V6 model will do 0 to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds, while the V8 will do it in five seconds flat.
Land Rover is expected to begin taking orders for the Stealth Pack later this year,with deliveries beginning in early 2015.
- Land Rover’s SV Coupe elevates the iconic Range Rover to new levels of luxury
- Watch a Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR tackle a twisty road like a supercar
- Land Rover Explore Hands-on Review
- Watch a Land Rover climb 999 vertigo-inducing steps to China’s Heaven’s Gate
- The Land Rover Explore modular phone looks as tough as a real Land Rover