You knew this was coming.
Behold the Saleen S302. Or, at least, the front of it. What a face, though.
Previous Saleen Mustangs had their own custom look, but stayed pretty close to the factory outline. This one appears to be different.
The stock 2015 Mustang’s grille outline is lost in this blacked-out treatment, while the lower part of the fascia presents a gaping maw that gives this car a very aggressive look. Add the massive hood scoop, and you’ve got a Mustang with plenty of attitude although, dare we say it, it also looks a bit like a Camaro.
Under that bulging hood, expect plenty of mechanical upgrades as well. Specifics will have to wait until closer to the S302’s launch, but it’s likely Saleen will concentrate on the 5.0-liter V8 engine. It makes 420 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque, but there’s plenty of room for improvement.
Of course, before customers can hand their cars over to Saleen, they have to get them first. Deliveries are expected to begin later thus year, so expect a Saleen status update sometime after that.
- Camaro vs. Mustang: Differences and similarities between two premier pony cars
- Ford’s latest special-edition Mustang is the car of your California dreams
- With lives at stake, Colorado Troopers call off chase with 150 mph Mustang
- Looking back at six models that made the Ford Mustang the icon it is today
- Five ways the refreshed 2018 Mustang GT merges brains with brawn