The 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang is on April 17, 2014 and apparently that’s when the world will see the next-generation 2015 Mustang.
Eager to build notoriety and buzz around the special day, Ford has contracted American luxury goods maker Shinola to produce a limited-run Mustang-themed watch.
Shinola will only produce 1,000 of the watches so they’re sure to become collectors’ items for Mustang fanatics down the road.
While the watch is fine looking, the real story is that American workers at an American brand make the watch in Detroit.
Shinola, which was founded in 1929 as a wax-based shoe polish, was purchased by Bedrock Manufacturing Company in 2011.
“Like the Mustang itself, we want our licensed products to convey an attitude of strength, passion and quality,” said John Nens, Ford lead for global brand licensing. “Shinola embodies all of these things and is a perfect fit to celebrate this special moment in automotive history.”
This is just one of many Mustang products that Ford will be unveiling over the next year. If you’d like to see more, visit the special anniversary swag website: http://shopmustangfifty.com.
- Watch this 900-horsepower Ford Mustang drift Germany’s Nürburgring
- BMW USA’s stance on diesels still up in the air despite discontinuation claims
- Matt ”Airistotle” Burns (USA) Air Guitar World Championships 2018
- Mustang-like and electrified. What did Ford just show a preview of?
- The snake escapes: Ford’s 700-hp Mustang GT500 slithers online ahead of schedule