The matte black-on-black look isn’t just for gangsters, celebrities and tech site CTOs any more. If you’re in the market for a BMW, you can now get it right from the factory… although, for the price tag, you might still have to be one of the above.
On Monday, BMW announced its new ‘Frozen Black’ edition M3, a follow up to last year’s Frozen Grey. The murdered-out coupe wears a unique factory paint job that pairs a black metallic base coast with a frosty-looking matte clear coat, and naturally, black wheels.
Of course, a paint job and wheels do not make a special edition, so BMW will also loaded each Frozen Black M3 with its competition package, convenience package, and premium package, and everything from heated leather seats with custom red contrast stitching to gloss black exhaust tips and grilles.
It will be powered by the same 414-horsepower 4.0-liter V8 in the usual M3, mated to an M-DCTG dual-clutch transmission.
And the aforementioned price tag? $81,825. Would-be buyers had better follow BMW news closely, because the company will open up ordering on June 16 at 11:30 a.m. EST, and only sell a total of 20.
- ‘Black Ops 4’ will have battle royale, but ditches the single-player campaign
- Corey Calliet on training celebs, revenge bodies, and benching 515 pounds
- Photo FOMO: Meet the $15K glow-in-the-dark camera and the 15-stop ND filter
- Acer Switch 7 Black Edition review
- Just call me hero: GoPro tempts the budget crowd with the simplified $199 Hero