Confused yet? Well, Audi decided that the best way to advertise its wares is to sponsor the Emmys and get three of the most popular actors on television to appear in them.
To be fair the setting of the video is pretty inspired. Cranston and Paul are the owners and operators of a “Barely Legal” pawn shop that is the setting of a yet another mystifying pawn based reality TV show. Louis-Dreyfus appears as herself to sell one of her Seinfeld Emmys, after deciding she needs to buy an island to compete with Celine Dion.
Related: 2015 Audi S3 first drive
I have no idea how many hallucinogens were needed to put this together, but I hope someone wrote it down because the result is pretty incredible.
Hilarity and many Breaking Bad and Veep references ensue. Also stick around until the end, there is a twist that is worth the wait.
For the record, there is actually an Audi in this video, an S3, that is on screen for about as long as it took me to write this sentence.
Given that anything one German car company does the others have to do, but better, perhaps we can expect BMW and Mercedes to respond with their own star studded comedies. My recommendation is Tina Fey, Emilia Clarke and Patrick Stewart fishing for crab in the Bering Strait: Crab Trek: Game of Claws.
- Audi gets animated with a cartoon concept car for ‘Spies in Disguise’
- From salt flats to sand dunes, adventuring off-grid in Audi’s electric E-Tron
- Audi’s subscription service lets you roll in style without commitment
- How Audi took its ambitious e-tron concept from dream to driveable
- Audi is finally taking the wraps off its Tesla-fighting e-tron electric SUV