The automaker’s products have been featured in nearly every Earth-bound Marvel picture since, and for Captain America: Civil War, the brand will have an even larger presence. The blockbuster will feature the 2017 Audi R8 V10 plus Coupe, the 2017 A4, the 2016 A7 Sportback, and the 2017 Audi SQ7, the last of which the company is highlighting in the exclusive Civil War clip shown above.
The clip, entitled “The Chase,” shows Captain America (Chris Evans) engaging in a superhuman footrace against series newcomer Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), who is attempting to apprehend the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan). A family riding in a 2017 SQ7 is caught up in the action, and the fleet of police vehicles in tow are all Audi products as well.
“We’re always trying to ride the line in these movies between something that is set in our real, present-day world, but at the same time feels special and forward thinking — just a little out of reach,” said Civil War director Anthony Russo. ”So to be able to work with a company like Audi and have access to their current models and their most advanced designs, it helps us strike that right balance between real world and the future.”
The Audi Prologue concept car — which debuted back at the 2014 LA Auto Show — will also be showcased in the movie as Black Panther’s vehicle of choice … when he’s not running, that is. Captain America: Civil War comes out in the U.S. on May 6.
- Audi’s electric 2022 RS E-Tron GT is a concept that escaped the drawing board
- Audi’s updated Q5 receives extra power, better infotainment, and OLED lights
- 2020 Audi E-Tron Sportback is all about style, but still has substance
- 2020 Audi E-Tron Sportback, RS Q8 confirmed for 2019 LA Auto Show
- 2020 Audi A8 gains plug-in hybrid powertrain, sporty S8 model