Looks like someone at Chevy’s IT department made a mistake. But it’s a good one – for us, at least. Some hapless techie just leaked to performance figures of the 2015 Corvette.
Drum-roll please. It will make 620 horsepower and 650 pound feet of torque. How did this happen, you ask?
I will get to the power in a moment, but the leak happened because of metadata and an astute reader from Jalopnik. Apparently when Chevy created the already up and running launch site for the high performance Z06, they left the power figures in the page summary that appears on Google.
Since the discovery, GM has taken the info down, but of course this is the internet so the cat is out of the bag. Other than taking a moment of silence to commemorate the firing of that poor GM employee, what should we make of all of this?
Spy photos from December told us that the Z06 will be powered by the 6.2-liter pushrod LT4 V8. Now we know that it will make a wondrous 620 ponies … thank you supercharger! Delightfully, this prodigious power output should make the Z06 faster than just about everything under $200,000.
Want to know the rest of the Z06 story? you’ll just have to wait for the debut at next week’s Detroit Auto Show. We’ll be on the floor and will be bringing you the latest. So be sure to check back soon.
In the meantime, let me just say: thank you hapless techie!
- Microsoft’s Chromium Edge browser killer feature? 4K Netflix streaming
- Motorola’s Moto G7 range offers compelling phones that won’t break the bank
- The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD boasts monstrous torque, intimidating front end
- Leaked MSI laptop with GTX 1650 and Core i7 makes for a killer gaming combo
- Shazam review: A supersized mash-up of two films that just don’t work together