Dinking around on the Los Angeles Auto Show press page, I found a very convincing image of what could well be a leaked image of the BMW M4-fighting ATS-V, which is set for global debut next week in the city of angels.
We expect the ATS-V to be powered by a 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. To put that into perspective, the aforementioned M4 makes 425 hp and 406 lb-ft. To me, that means the ATS-V will be pretty darn comparable – at least in 0 to 60. If the standard ATS Coupe is any indication, however, it likely won’t handle as well as an M4. However, it could offer buyers tired of German sports coupes a very distinctive alternative to the Bimmer. That is, until the next Audi S5 debuts.
At first glance, however, despite what we suspect of the Caddy’s handling capabilities and interior refinement failings, I can say that I very much prefer the lines of the ATS-V to that of the M4. Is this the finest example of the Cadillac ‘Art & Science’ design language? I say, “yes.”
We’ll be following this story very closely and will bring you more as soon as we know it, be it images or more official details. So be sure to check back often.
- New V8 power and smart tech are helping the CT6 make Cadillac great again
- Here is our take on the 10 greatest BMWs of all time
- Android P: Our complete guide
- Can’t get enough sports? FuboTV might be the perfect streaming service for you
- How an Oregon man’s fight for traffic camera fairness reached a federal court