The Blues Brothers may not be a car movie, but it does have some of the best car chases ever filmed. Now there is a new way to watch it, because someone has managed to completely recreate it using nothing but Lego.
That someone is in fact the many ‘Lego artisans’ at Bricktease. This group of driven lunatics have made all sorts of incredible films and models using nothing but the best toy ever made.
This car chase was really a difficult challenge to take on. The detail and carnage as the Illinois State Police chase the Elwood and Jake in their Dodge Monaco through the mall is stupendous. Toy stores, car dealerships, and of course the world’s only mall fruit-stand are all destroyed over the course of the chase.
But don’t think that the people working on the Lego video cut corners by eliminating details, because there is a side-by-side video showing the original cinematic version versus the Danish toys. They match up nearly seamlessly.
That is insane when you consider the amount of work that goes into doing any stop motion animation, let alone stop motion animation with Legos. And just imagine the terrible injuries from stepping on Legos.
Now we just have to hope they will recreate the finer car chase that involved destroying more than 100 cars. It might kill a normal human being to try and render that car-pocalypse in Lego, but I think the folks at Bricktease are up to it.
- Do more with your drone: 5 things you can do with a UAV (aside from taking pics)
- Everything we know about ‘Incredibles 2’
- Can Google’s Pixel 2 ace conventional cameras? We spent a week finding out
- The Issalexa is a smart toothbrush that’s like a mood ring for your mouth
- Climb-On Maps changes the climbing game by getting you there faster and safer