The Italian carmaker will be the Featured Marque at Pebble Beach this year, so there should be plenty of reminders of its glory days on display. To draw potential buyers’ attention to the future, Maserati will also display the Alfieri concept from the 2014 Geneva Motor Show.
Named for one of the founding Maserati brothers, the Alfieri is a classically-proportioned GT car that combines styling elements from current models like the GranTurismo with influences from the 1954 A6 GCS-53.
The Alfieri isn’t just about looks though. Unlike many concept cars, it’s a fully-running, drivable machine with a 4.7-liter V8 from the Gran Turismo producing 460 horsepower. A special exhaust system ensures that it sounds as good as it looks.
Perhaps this voluptuous coupe will get a chance to stretch its legs at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at nearby Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, where Maserati will also be the Featured Marque.
Even if the concept doesn’t get to turn a wheel, there will be plenty of vintage Maserati racers at this legendary vintage motorsport event, which should be quite a sight.
- Musk sets Cyber Rodeo event for Tesla’s Giga Texas opening
- Maserati is going electric, and it’s starting with a 1,200-hp luxury coupe
- Mercedes-AMG EQE proves performance EVs are here to stay
- Alfa Romeo Tonale kicks off a tech-centric ‘metamorphosis’
- Audi GrandSphere concept shows how autonomy opens new design avenues