Champion boat racing team Cigarette Racing has partnered with Mercedes over the years to design competition boats inspired by the German automaker’s luxury sports cars. Today, Mercedes-AMG and Cigarette Racing give us a hint of their latest collaboration with the teaser sketch of the AMG GT S-inspired Cigarette Racing 50’ Marauder GT S Concept.
Details are obviously being reserved for the reveal, but judging from their last cooperation, the 50-footer should be a stunner.
Last year’s Mercedes-derived boat was inspired by the Mercedes Vision Gran Turismo concept, a car designed solely for Playstation’s Gran Turismo 6 racing game. The previous boat matched the digital Merc in it’s sleek profile and dashboard accents to match the future stylings of the vision concept.
In turn, the concept sketch for the Marauder GT S looks like it takes much of the aggressiveness from the Grand Tourer and shapes it in to boat form. The last boat also boasted two 1,650 horsepower Mercury engines to propel it to victory. It’s a substantial amount more than the 503 hp coming out of the Mercedes AMG GT S’s 4.0-liter biturbo V8.
The racing boat concept will be unveiled to the public alongside its German four-wheeled cousin on February 12th at the Miami International Boat Show.
- From arcade to simulation, here are the best racing games of all time
- Don’t worry about denting your yacht. Parking assist for boats is finally here
- This race-ready Toyota Supra concept is too cool not to go into production
- Mercedes-Benz hopes to repeat its Formula One success in all-electric Formula E
- Gear Club Unlimited 2 review