The official on-track face of Italian distillery Martini & Rossi, Martini Racing is one of the longest-lasting sponsorship programs in a sport where corporate dollars are swapped like spent tires.
Primarily – but not exclusively – associated with Porsche, Martini Racing has been involved in top series and events like Formula One, the World Rally Championship, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans since the 1960s.
Related: 2015 Porsche Macan first drive
Martini’s blue-and-red stripes have graced everything from the Le Mans-winning Porsche 917 to the Lancia 037 and Delta S4 rally cars. Martini currently sponsors the Williams F1 team.
They may not look quite as cool as full-on race cars, but the modern-day Porsches wear the Martini livery well. Who doesn’t want to put racing numbers on an SUV?
It’s all just for show though; Porsche hasn’t discussed plans for any more Martini special editions. However, don’t be surprised if these images inspire some individual owners to take matters into their own hands.
- This is the ultra-desirable Porsche race car you’d happily sell a kidney for
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS retakes Nürburgring lap record, with an asterisk
- Sexy at 70: Porsche’s limited-edition 911 Speedster gets green light for 2019
- Restored Porsche 911 gets a modern upgrade, but retains classic beauty
- Race car or daily driver? Choose either with the 2019 Porsche Panamera GTS