Would you have the seat belts accented with ‘acid green’ or with ‘orange?’
That’s the dilemma facing prospective Porsche 918 Spyder buyers this morning as they paw through the online configurator that recently went live on Porsche’s website.
The Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid supercar might cost you a cool $845,000, but for that price you get 887 horsepower, 85 mpg, 0-62 mph time in 2.8 seconds, and the 11 different exterior paint colors to choose from.
Dig into the options and you’ll find that Porsche offers a series of disparate optional extras in one concise list, including a cup holder, sport seats with firmer padding, and a fire extinguisher – to name a few.
Interior colors include black with acid green accents, black with gray accents, and burgundy with gray accents. We thought a red interior was illegal in Stuttgart. Go figure.
Regardless of interior trim color; the 918 Spyder will lap the Nurburgring in a hugely impressive six minutes and 57 seconds.
What options did we choose? We went for the Sapphire Metallic Blue with the red interior with orange accents on the seatbelts and floor mats and the Platinum Silk Gloss wheels. We also checked the box for a cup holder and a fire extinguisher.
Look through the configurator yourself and tell us how you’d spec your Porsche 918 Spyder in the comment section below.
- Ferdinand Porsche was 100 years ahead of his time with his 1900 hybrid
- McLaren P1 beats Porsche 918 and LaFerrari in first independent track test
- As the 918 Spyder sells out, Porsche hints at a successor
- Audi’s 408-horsepower TT Offroad concept is a mean (and green) plug-in sports car
- Volvo S60L Petrol Plug-In Hybrid concept slated for 2014 Beijing Motor Show debut