Truth be told, the Ultimate RS Defender looks a bit rough around the edges. The Momo steering wheel and Recaro Sportster seats inside would look more at home on a tuned Honda Civic than a big British 4×4.
From the outside, though, the Ultimate RS is absolutely menacing. It wears a black on black color scheme that includes slick 18’’ alloys, carbon fiber vents, and a custom front grill. In fact, just about the only exterior components that aren’t jet black are the indicators and the RS badge up front.
This is the Ultimate RS after all, so Urban Truck has added lowering sport springs, a Bilstein damper kit, and anti roll bars to improve performance. The American 6.2-liter engine is offered in various states of tune, ranging from 430 horsepower to a whopping 500 ponies. No matter the output, the LS3 is hooked up to a twin-piped stainless steel big bore exhaust.
Looking past the boy racer accents inside, the cabin is pretty impressive. The dashboard and steering column have been fitted with fine Nappa leather, and on the center console, you’ll find a trick electronic gear selector.
A Corvette-powered Defender may sound like a unique creation, but fellow U.K. outfit Wildcat has an LS3-equipped 4×4 of its own.
- The Audi RS 5 Sportback is the family man’s back-road stormer
- The Porsche 911 GT3 RS is a punk rock cover of an idyllic swan song
- The Land Rover Explore modular phone looks as tough as a real Land Rover
- 2019 Bentley Bentayga V8 First Drive
- 2018 Toyota 4Runner: Release date, prices, features, and specs