Initiatives for autonomous car research, vehicle-to-vehicle communication, and consumer convenience all have a major thing in common – connectivity. Dr. Ken Washington, Ford’s VP of Advanced Research and Engineering, sat down with us to talk about how Ford is taking the notion of “the internet of things” seriously, and how connecting our cars to our lives is just the tip of the smart mobility iceberg.
- Ford’s Mustang-inspired electric crossover will spawn a Lincoln luxury version
- Ford wants all of its cars to ‘talk’ and ‘listen’ to each other by 2022
- What is Wi-Fi? Here’s everything you need to know
- Ford will build a mini pickup truck slotting below the Ranger
- Ford’s prototype Quiet Kennel uses noise-canceling tech to keep dogs stress-free