USB-powered computer accessories can range from awesome to weird, and anywhere in between. Just take a look at this ThinkGeek page for further proof. However, if you’re looking for ways to cool off during these hot summer months and you don’t have access to an AC for whatever reason, check out this combo fan/air-purifier from Satechi that you can plug right into your Mac or PC.
Satechi calls it the Mini USB Air Purifier and Fan; no frills on the name there. Satechi claims that this gizmo will remove any odors and “irritants” from the air around you, including dust, pet dander, and allergens. You can switch between air purifier and fan modes by pulling out and sliding in the unit’s rear. When pushed in, it cleans the air. Extend the back out and it starts cooling you. This thing is not complicated at all.
The Mini USB Air Purifier and Fan packs a built-in battery, so you don’t need to keep it plugged into a USB port indefinitely, which is nice, especially if you’re already low on ports to begin with. Satechi also claims that this USB-powered creature comfort runs silently.
Check out the Satechi Mini USB Air Purifier and Fan in action in the clip below from YouTube.
- Dyson Pure Cool line shows what impurities you’re taking out of your air
- The best laptop cooling pad to save your overheated computer
- The best humidifiers to moisten the air in your home and office
- From weird to practical, 18 small travel essentials you’ll actually want to pack
- The best mini fridges money can buy right now