To start with, the 15.6-inch laptop is wrapped in a black and grey print reminiscent of the Galactic Empire’s spaceships, with Darth Vader featured prominently on the lid. The entire keyboard is lit up by a sinister red backlight, so you can really feel the anger flowing through you. It’s also loaded up with the Star Wars Command Center, which features thousands of wallpapers, screen savers, and art from the Star Wars archives. Plus, the noises in Windows have all been replaced with a custom set inspired by the movies.
At this point, you may be asking yourself what the specs are — a good Jedi is always curious. Users have a choice of Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, both from the Skylake family. It’s configurable with up to 2TB of hard drive space, and 12GB of RAM. By default, the graphics is an integrated HD 520 from Intel, but there’s also the Nvidia GeForce 940M if you need a bit more power to make the Kessul Run in less than twelve parsecs.
Of course, the dark side holds a terrible secret — the HP Star Wars laptop is remarkably similar to the existing HP Pavilion 15t. They’re available with almost identical specs as well, and the chips available in the Pavilion are the i5-6200U and i7-6500U, both dual core processors, with the option for the 940M in either setup. A fully tricked out Pavilion 15t costs $899.99, and the base price of $429.99 is lower than the $699 starting price for the Star Wars version.available for pre-order on October 8th, with a laptop sleeve and wireless mouse on the horizon as well.
- These HP, Microsoft, and Acer laptops deals will save you up to $490
- HP Presidents Day laptop deals: Save big on Spectre, Envy, Omen, and more
- HP President’s Day Sale is still on: Here are the best extended deals left
- HP slashes up to 60% on laptops, monitors, and printers for their President’s Day Sale
- HP laptop sale slashes hundreds off Envy, Pavilion, Spectre and Omen models