Not only is Kansas City home to awesome barbecue and the resurgent Kansas City Chiefs (who have played a weak schedule, but that’s another story), but those lucky ducks are getting a second chance to sign up for Google Fiber. Google made the announcement via an official blog post by Rachel Hack, Google’s Kansas City Community Manager.
If you missed out the first time around, you can sign up for Google Fiber service starting today, assuming you live in Kansas City, Central Kansas City, or one of 180 “fiberhoods” that are slated to get the service. You can sign up for Google Fiber here.
Google says that if you sign up “over the next month,” service should be up, running and available by Spring of next year. What’s more, if you sign up between today and December 22, you’ll get a free Nexus 7 tablet, which will be available for you to pick up immediately from Google Fiber Space.
Here’s some more good news for Kansas City-ites. If you live in Kansas City, North, South Kansas City, Mo, Gladstone, Grandview and Raytown, you’ll be able to sign up for Google Fiber starting in March 2014. Google will make additional announcements sometime early next year.
In the meantime, Google will be hitting up Google+ and Facebook on November 26 at 3 p.m. Central time to answer people’s questions pertaining to Google Fiber sign-ups. You can check out Google Fiber’s pricing plans here.
- A.I.-powered Grammarly comes to Google Docs to improve your writing
- Google Assistant now lets you compare rideshare prices and wait times
- Google Assistant will now show you a visual ‘snapshot’ of your day
- Google celebrates 20 years with a slew of Easter eggs and new Google Images
- Google Assistant goes bilingual, lets you speak two languages interchangeably