Android Headlines notes if you have Google Cardboard or a similar device like Gear VR, HTC Vive, and Daydream View, this 360-degree video will plop you down at one of Mickey D’s new high-tech “Just For You” restaurants that are now showing up in markets like Florida, California, and New York after an overseas roll out. You get a VR view of a new ordering kiosk and can check out a modern dining room that is far removed from what you used to get in the old white buildings with the red stripes.
There’s a key concept here that is worth considering, though; one that every emerging technology to consider. Is the McDonald’s audience going to embrace this type of approach? The NBA is jumping in with both sneakers, for one. Sure, it’s a fun thing to fiddle with, but is there going to be any type of mass appeal use for VR?
McDonald’s is a major mass appeal business, with thousands of stores all around the world. While the younger techy demographic that has grown up on Facebook may find this approach fascinating, the older folks that grew up with Ronald McDonald is more likely to shirk it off. Time will tell if this becomes a viable concept, but for now, it’s fun to take a peek into the McDonald’s of the future that is here, now.
- Best virtual tours that you can take without leaving home
- One of the world’s most famous hotels is targeted by scammers
- The Best Black Friday virtual reality headset deals in 2019
- 2 million diners hit by malware attack at restaurants across U.S.
- Watch 2018 Winter Olympics events in virtual reality thanks to NBC and Intel