Nvidia today unveiled a tuner card for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition equipped computers which they say is the first TV tuner for PCs to offer two TV tuners on a single card along with personal video recording technology. The new Nvidia Dual TV Tuner is priced at $169 and available now.
The Nvidia TV Tuner, said Nvidia, offers two tuner technology so that users can do functions like watching one channel while recording another via the card’s built in PVR functionality. Features of this card include lower bit-rate recording technology so more recorded shows can be stored on a computer’s hard drive, a 3D comb filter for better color separations and image detail and 3D noise reduction hardware for less on screen artifacts, an in-line TV amplifier to boost weak signals.
“There are other TV tuners in the market today, but the NVIDIA DualTV tuner offers some key differentiators that make it stand out,” said Scott Vouri, general manager of multimedia at NVIDIA, in a statement. “Based on our internal testing, it’s measurably the best picture quality of any dual tuner card and saves disk space. It’s easy to use and install, and is designed for people who want to watch what they want, where they want, whenever they want.”
- With a new app for Tizen-powered Samsung TVs, Tablo now supports most smart TVs
- These apps will help you make the most out of your Apple TV
- The best home theater projectors you can buy
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- Amazon and Best Buy shake hands and team up to sell smart TVs