It seems like every cat has been let out of every bag when it comes to AMD’s upcoming Radeon 300 series of graphics cards. Just yesterday we learned that most of the upcoming range would in fact be rebranded versions of the 200 series, with a bit more memory, and now we know how much each card is going to retail for as well.
And while none of the announced GPUs appear to have anything to do with the much-hyped Fury cores and the upcoming high bandwidth memory, they are at least quite competitively priced.
It was initially thought based on rumors/leaks that this generation would actually be quite expensive, but it’s turned out to be anything but. The range is split into two categories; performance and Enthusiast, with the former representing the lower end of the spectrum, and the latter, the two most powerful GPUs, based on the previously top of the line Hawaii cores.
- 390x 8GB, Hawaii XT: $390
- 390 8GB: Hawaii Pro: $329
- 380X 3/6GB, Tonga XT: Pricing unknown
- 380 4GB, Tonga Pro: $235
- 370 4GB, Pitcairn: $175
- 370 2GB: Pitcairn: $135
- 360 2GB: Bonaire $107
The Hawaii XT and Pro are the same GPUs used in the 290 and 290X cards, but they do feature bumped up clock speeds and a doubling up of available memory. While undoutedly faster than the previous generation, it’s unlikely to be the jump that people were expecting from AMD. For that, we’ll need to wait for the release of the Fury cards and the new memory standard.
However, it is worth noting that 8GB of memory is quite rare for GPUs at this price point. For those looking to take advantage of multi-monitor setups at high resolutions, the 390 and its X variant may be a worthy choice over Nvidia’s comparably priced hardware, as per WCCFTech.
- Pricing leaks for Intel’s upcoming 8th-generation processors
- No, AMD’s new Vega-powered APUs don’t make sense for PC builders
- ASRock’s four add-in graphics cards are based on AMD’s Radeon RX 500 Series
- Apple’s first-generation MacBook is Amazon’s Deal of the Day
- Dell calls revamped XPS 15 the ‘smallest performance 15.6-inch laptop’