Filming a historical reenactment at a recent festival in the Lipetsk region in central Russia, some poor drone pilot clearly got a little too close to the action. Watch carefully and you can see the spear-wielding guy on the ground, in full period costume, launch his weapon skyward. We have to say, it was an impressive throw, scoring as it did a perfect hit on the flying machine, sending it crashing to the ground.
The video comes courtesy of Russia Today, though the news site offers few details of the reenactment event, or, more importantly, the drone calamity.
Now, judging by the participants’ outfits, there can’t have been too many quadcopters buzzing about in the sky in the days when the battle originally took place, so perhaps the warrior was merely staying in character, protecting his people from the potentially threatening “strange noisy thing” hovering above their heads. Or maybe not.
The incident does go to show, however, that even if you’re a flying ace, there’s no telling what hazards are just around the corner, ready to turn your $1400 drone into an expensive pile of broken plastic.
- Amazon shows off new delivery drone ahead of trial service
- Walmart drone delivery plan includes millions of customers
- Intel’s Arc Alchemist GPUs are running out of time to launch
- Snapchat’s pocket-sized Pixy drone takes to the skies
- Wing is live in Dallas, poised for drone delivery domination