GoPro is known for its cameras that can take a beating and easy attachment to users who are surfing, mountain biking, and skateboarding, among other things. But if it’s not attached to your body or helmet, the GoPro can easily get away from you, especially in the water.
Yes, the GoPro HERO actioncam is waterproof rated down to 197 feet (60 meters) but it doesn’t float, and it likes to sink really fast. In murky water this can be a problem. Fortunately, GoPole, a GoPro accessories company, created The Bobber.
The Bobber is a bright yellow handle for the HERO. It’s fine for boating, swimming, and other water-based activities. The Bobber acts much like a buoy for your device and it’s supposed to be capable of holding the weight of GoPro’s 3D system or cameras with LCD or battery packs. There are other flotation systems available for the HERO, but GoPole claims that it’s the only one that doesn’t block the user’s view of the LCD screen.
Grab the Bobber for $29.99 and get to swimming.
- The best budget-friendly GoPro alternatives that won’t leave you broke
- The best GoPro accessories to make the most of your next adventure
- No gimbal required: GoPro’s HyperSmooth stabilizer makes Hero7 a must-have upgrade
- Capture all the action in HD with these great, affordable GoPro deals
- The best drones under $500