Sony Corp. says some customers who pre-order its newest e-reader may not get the gadget in time for the holidays.
The company said Wednesday it’s trying to ship the $399 Reader Daily Edition for the holidays. But because interest has exceeded expectations, the company can’t be sure that everyone who buys one will get it by Christmas.
Sony unveiled the Reader Daily Edition in August and planned to release it for the holidays. Like rival Amazon.com Inc.’s Kindle, the Daily Edition will be able to download books wirelessly — a first for a Sony Reader.
Sony began pre-selling the product Wednesday through its Sony Style Web site, and the site says that these orders will ship Dec. 18 through Jan. 8, though “actual delivery date cannot be guaranteed.”
- The best Black Friday stores compared: Amazon, Walmart, and more
- DT Daily: Drone-snatching eagles, streamer Disguised Toast, and more
- Amazon’s Prime Book Box is now available to all Prime members in the U.S.
- Amazon is killing off Prime’s new-game, pre-order discount
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ parachutes onto PlayStation 4 on December 7