Could BioWare be building a horror game? That’s certainly the implication in this so-called “Nightmare teaser,” which hints at a Gamescom reveal.
The live-action short features a hoodie-wearing white dude running around in a nightmare dreamscape populated by an infinite alleyway, a suited man with a gushing cloud of smoke where his head should be, and a stone-faced doppelganger of our hero(?) locked inside a muscle car.
Don’t look for sense where there is none (yet). Check out the trailer below, then head over to www.Youve-Been-Chosen.com to find a newsletter sign-up and some cryptic text:
The time is near. They are watching. Your power is rising. Cologne, Germany. You’ve Been Chosen. Watch the new “Nightmare” teaser from BioWare.
Cologne, Germany is the site of Europe’s annual Gamescom consumer show. It kicks off on August 13, 2014 and runs through August 17, so we should get some clarity on this Nightmare in a few weeks. In the meantime, what do you think is going on here?
- Anthem’s planned overhaul is officially canceled, BioWare confirms
- Mass Effect trilogy redo delayed to early 2021?
- Anthem to receive a complete, long-term overhaul, BioWare says
- BioWare hasn’t gotten around to taking down Anthem’s Christmas decorations
- BioWare reportedly in early stages of developing next Mass Effect game