Sometimes you need to go deep in order to find a journalist willing to ask those difficult questions and say the things we are all thinking, but may not have the nerve or opportunity to say. That’s where Ron Burgundy comes in.
Burgundy, who bears a striking resemblance to the actor Will Ferrell, recently appeared on ESPN in order to promote his upcoming film Anchorman 2. During his segment, he spent a few moments grilling Denver Broncos quarterback, Peyton Manning, finally asking Manning about his surprising lack of facial hair. Burgundy then confirmed that Manning does indeed look like a “succulent baby lamb,” before he went on to insult Peyton’s brother Eli.
You may wonder how Ron Burgundy, a character operating in the 1970s and 80s, could look the same while interviewing a very modern Peyton Manning. The answer is: shut up, that’s how.
You can follow the entire exchange below. Burgundy appears in Anchorman 2, which hits theaters on December 18, but if you want to see more of him, tune in to SportsCenter on December 5 at 6pm EST. Burgundy and sports expert Champ Kind will appear as guest hosts.
- Oh, it’s that guy! You know these actors’ faces, we’ll tell you their names
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Even their mothers might have trouble telling these celebrity lookalikes apart
- Watch the best Super Bowl commercials of 2018
- For ‘Black Panther’ star Michael B. Jordan, Killmonger isn’t just another villain