The Star Trek franchise is no stranger to the world of video games. There have been several titles in almost every genre over the years, but in general, the games have never really been able to appeal to an audience beyond the Trekkie nation. It is a shame too, because some of the games have been very good but just haven’t gotten the love they deserved. That may all change next year.
A new Star Trek game was teased this week at E3, and although the details are still scarce, there are a few things that should make it stand out. The first is that it is based on the JJ Abrams Star Trek movie, and features the likenesses of the cast as well as the music and look of the recent movie. That alone should give it a bit of a wider audience than previous games, but the fact that it is a third-person action title with a co-op element should keep it on people’s radars. Plus jumping out of a ship and catching the Enterprise in space is pretty awesome.
More details on this game should be coming soon, but expect it sometime next year.
- Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 2060 might launch next year without ray tracing
- James Bond 25: Danny Boyle bows out of directing the next 007 movie
- Exclusive: Turing’s next phone looks out of this world, and won’t arrive until 2020
- Qualcomm may finally reveal a new wearable chipset on September 10
- Intel i9-9900K storms ahead of competition in potential early benchmark