20th Century Fox and director Josh Trank’s reboot of the Fantastic Four film franchise is moving ahead, and the role of the primary villain been filled. Actor Toby Kebbell is set to play the superhero team’s arch-enemy, Victor von Doom, aka Doctor Doom, according to Variety.
Kebbell is perhaps best known for roles in Wrath of the Titans and War Horse. He will also appear in the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes as one of the apes, as well as 2016’s Warcraft in an unnamed role.
Kebbell joins a cast that includes Miles Teller as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Kate Mara as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm/Thing. No word yet on any plot details, but the story will draw inspiration from the Ultimate Comics version of the Fantastic Four, which features a younger version of the team than is depicted in the mainstream Marvel universe.
Trank, who helmed Chronicle, will direct, while Matthew Vaughn of X-Men: First Class fame will act as producer. The reboot is expected in theaters on June 19, 2015, and a second installment is tentatively planned for summer 2017.
- An update reportedly bricks Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles with Uconnect
- How the ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ FX team created a realistic ape army
- How the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ FX team crafted its skin-crawling villain
- 12 great old games coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018
- The best game console you can buy right now