Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare fans get some free stuff on March 18 (aka today!) in the form of the Garden Variety Pack DLC, Electronic Arts confirms. The centerpiece of the add-on content is “Gnome Bomb,” an 8v8 multiplayer mode that riffs on Battlefield 4‘s Obliteration. The Plants and Zombies teams take turns trying to ferry an explosives-strapped gnome to the opposing team’s Garden or Graveyard, with the goal of blowing it up. The first team to detonate its gnome three times (poor little guy) wins.
The Garden Variety Pack also includes a new map called Chomp Town, as well as 24 new ability upgrades (three for each class). Included are the Sunflower’s Solar Flare Beam, the All-Star Zombie’s Ultra Tackle, and the Comper’s Super Goop, which “cements zombies in place.” You swap these upgrades in and out at the game’s pre-spawn loadout screens, and the expanded set of options should help diversify Garden Warfare‘s asymmetrical multiplayer even more than it already is.
Don’t forget that this add-on is free. Just head to your online storefront of choice and queue it up for download, and check out our guide for a few tips on surviving the multiplayer.
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?
- Ubisoft backtracks, won’t drop $40 edition of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ after all
- Amazon cultivating new side business with launch of ‘Plants Store’
- How ‘speed breeding’ will supercharge farming to save us from starvation
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018