The Final Hours of Titanfall is out now for Mac, iPad, and Windows, giving gamers an interactive ebook look at the development of Respawn Entertainment’s mech-enhanced shooter. Written and produced by Geoff Keighley, Final Hours is filled with exclusive artwork and video content to complement the 25,000 words of text.
The title is actually a bit of a misnomer, as Keighley spent four years chronicling the saga of the FPS, from the split at Activision that led Infinity Ward founders and Call of Duty creators Jason West and Vince Zampella to start Respawn, all the way up to the game’s March 2014 launch. It amounts to an in-depth look at how the sausage gets made, only here the sausage is a widely hyped multiplayer arena shooter that’s left critics divided.
Keighley’s previous deep-dive development looks focused on hits like Portal 2, Mass Effect 3, and Crystal Dynamics’ 2013 reboot, Tomb Raider. The Final Hours of Titanfall is available as a $2 purchase on Origin for Mac/PC, the iPad App Store, and the Windows Store. Android and iPhone versions are also planned, as well as a text-only release for Kindle. You can read more about the ebook right here on the official website.
- More MOBI, fewer problems: Here’s how to get EPUB books on your Kindle
- Get ready, gamers — E3 2018 tickets go on sale to the public February 12
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac
- Common iOS 11 problems and advice on how to handle them
- The 100 best Android apps turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades