Guacamelee! is about to get bigger, better, and more badass with the release of the Super Turbo Championship Edition, developer DrinkBox Studios confirms. The gorgeous little open-world platformer came first to PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in April 2013, with Windows and Mac/Linux versions following in August 2013 and February 2014, respectively. A broader console release had been rumored, and now it’s confirmed.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition isn’t just a headline-killing-ly long name, it’s also a reference to the assortment of expanded content that will grace the PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One versions of the game. In addition to previously released DLC, this new Guacamelee! also introduces new locations in the Canal of Flowers and the Volcano, a new three-headed skeleton boss (The Trio of Death), the new INTENSO combat move, Chicken Bombs, “Independent Dimension Swapping” (whatever that means), new enemies, multiple save slots, and a “dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks.”
Also, because it bears repeating: Chicken Bombs.
A newly released teaser trailer (below) offers a first look at some of this new content. There’s no specific release date yet, but the trailer notes that it’s coming soon.
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Tomb Raider, ‘Army of Two’ arrive in January’s Xbox Games with Gold
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ on Xbox One tips and tricks