3D Realms’ genre-defining shooter Duke Nukem 3D is coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita with the Megaton Edition on January 13, 2015 in North America, and January 14 in Europe, according to a tweet from publisher Devolver Digital.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is hitting PS3 and Vita January 13th in North America and January 14th in Europe! pic.twitter.com/WHu10jqMe2
— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) November 5, 2014
Megaton Edition was first released on PC in March, 2013 and includes enhanced versions of the 1996 original and its three expansion packs. Duke Nukem 3D is held up with Doom and Wolfenstein 3D as being instrumental in popularizing the first-person shooter before it became one of the dominant genres in mainstream gaming. It was particularly notorious for its colorful, eponymous main character, voiced by Jon St. John, and its detailed environments, replete with flushable toilets.
Some lucky gamers were able to grab the game early when it accidentally leaked onto PSN. Devolver is taking the mistake in stride, though, according to another tweet: “It’s fine. Just be cool. :P”
- Retro old-school shooter ‘Ion Maiden’ is being released on a floppy disk
- These awesome 3D printed houses offer a glimpse into the future of construction
- A super blue blood moon is coming in January! Here’s what you need to know
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time
- After delays, the SpaceX Falcon Heavy is set to launch on February 6