3D Realms’ genre-defining shooter Duke Nukem 3D is coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita with the Megaton Edition on January 13, 2015 in North America, and January 14 in Europe, according to a tweet from publisher Devolver Digital.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is hitting PS3 and Vita January 13th in North America and January 14th in Europe! pic.twitter.com/WHu10jqMe2
— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) November 5, 2014
Megaton Edition was first released on PC in March, 2013 and includes enhanced versions of the 1996 original and its three expansion packs. Duke Nukem 3D is held up with Doom and Wolfenstein 3D as being instrumental in popularizing the first-person shooter before it became one of the dominant genres in mainstream gaming. It was particularly notorious for its colorful, eponymous main character, voiced by Jon St. John, and its detailed environments, replete with flushable toilets.
Some lucky gamers were able to grab the game early when it accidentally leaked onto PSN. Devolver is taking the mistake in stride, though, according to another tweet: “It’s fine. Just be cool. :P”
- The 25 best Nintendo 3DS games
- Nintendo 2DS XL vs. Nintendo 3DS XL: Which handheld reigns supreme?
- Walgreens’ smart fridges scan your face and remember your behavior
- ‘Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth’ for Nintendo 3DS arrives to U.S. in June
- How 3D printing has changed the world of prosthetic limbs forever