One of the oldest Batman foes gets the digital treatment this Fall, when the Penguin makes his appearance in the upcoming Batman: Arkham City. Penguin joins a sizeable cast that includes: Catwoman, Riddler, Joker, Two-Face, Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze, Talia al Ghul and many more.
The Penguin has seen many changes through the years. From art thief to freak show member, many writers and artists have offered various takes on the character. But the one that seems to have taken hold in recent years is that of a criminal with the mind of a ruthless business man. Unlike most of Batman’s foes that are clinically insane and usually plan things involving blowing things up for giggles, the Penguin is more of a crime boss with flair and a shtick. The game seems to be picking up on this, and you will face off against Penguin—sporting a cockney accent–who is attempting to carve out his own niche of Arkham City.
Check out the trailer introducing Penguin, as well as another surprising enemy for Batman to beat unconscious. Look for Batman: Arkham City on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 18.
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Everything we know so far about ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- Amazon’s HQ2 has 20 potential new homes, but Atlanta may be the frontrunner
- When a movie isn’t enough, the best shows on Netflix will keep you busy for days