The latest trailer for Nintendo’s Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker provides an extended look at the actual gameplay, and also introduces Toadette (rank unknown) as the game’s other main character.`
Treasure Tracker will be a full-realization of the Captain Toad mini game that was introduced in Super Mario 3D World. Jumping and reflex-based platforming has been replaced by puzzle solving. The self-contained stages can be rotated to grant you a new perspective on their secrets. A growing number of special abilities, like a block-destroying pickaxe or cloning, will be your toolbox for unpacking these dense, little worlds.
PFC Toadette is disappointingly introduced as a damsel in distress, but the trailer goes on to show her as a playable character in her own right.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be exclusively available for the Wii U on December 5, 2014.
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Lara Croft leaps for her life in the first ‘Tomb Raider’ clips
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’