Some of the biggest surprises come in small packages. Nintendo recently announced Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker during the company’s digital event at E3 2013, expanding upon Toad’s isometrics exploits in the excellent Super Mario 3D World. As previewed in a brief gameplay trailer showing during the event, Toad will engage in a variety of world-spinning puzzles spanning both 2D and 3D planes while in pursuit of — you guessed it — treasure. The game features a bevy of familiar enemies (Shy Guys, Goombas, Piranha Plants, etc.) and it appears you’ll be able to explore fixed, isometric levels from a first-perspective using the bundled Wii U GamePad.
Little else is known about the upcoming title other than the announcement, but if it’s like past offerings, we’re going to assume the diminutive Toad still can’t jump. Shame. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is scheduled for release on the Wii U holiday 2014.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe review
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ trailer unleashes a bevy of beasts
- Facebook knew about Russian data harvesting in 2014, seized documents reveal
- Android creator’s alleged sexual misconduct swept under the rug by Google
- Ford’s app-based ‘Chariot’ shuttle service is offering its final rides