Some of the biggest surprises come in small packages. Nintendo recently announced Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker during the company’s digital event at E3 2013, expanding upon Toad’s isometrics exploits in the excellent Super Mario 3D World. As previewed in a brief gameplay trailer showing during the event, Toad will engage in a variety of world-spinning puzzles spanning both 2D and 3D planes while in pursuit of — you guessed it — treasure. The game features a bevy of familiar enemies (Shy Guys, Goombas, Piranha Plants, etc.) and it appears you’ll be able to explore fixed, isometric levels from a first-perspective using the bundled Wii U GamePad.
Little else is known about the upcoming title other than the announcement, but if it’s like past offerings, we’re going to assume the diminutive Toad still can’t jump. Shame. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is scheduled for release on the Wii U holiday 2014.
- In case you were wondering, the mushroom on Toad is part of his head
- Hoping to spur innovation, Nest joins forces with Google’s hardware team
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- U.S. firm uses its tech in new search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet