From the new fighter intro trailer released by Nintendo, three characters have been confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS: series veteran Captain Falcon is back in action, and he’s joined by newcomers Lucina and Robin from Fire Emblem: Awaekening. The official site has been updated with profiles for the three characters revealed in today’s announcement.
The news is long overdue with regard to Captain Falcon, though his presence in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS was never really in doubt.
Lucina is the future daughter of Chrom, and with her sword, the Parallel Falchion, she looks to be fighter in the vein of other Fire Emblem favorites Marth, Roy, and Ike. Robin is one of the two main protagonists in Awakening and as his class in Fire Emblem is Tactician, he is adept at tome usage as well as swords, meaning he combines magic ability and sword fighting. In the trailer Robin can be seen pulling out a spellbook and casting a lightning spell as he jumps between magic and sword-based attacks. There is also the option to play as a female Robin.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be released October 3, while the Wii U version is coming in the more vague “holiday 2014” window. See the announcement video below for a peek at the newly revealed characters:
- ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’: Everything you need to know
- World champion ZeRo weighs in on best ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ fighter
- Joker from ‘Persona 5’ will take your heart in ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’
- Rumor may have revealed remaining ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ DLC fighters
- All the biggest news from the final ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Nintendo Direct