Some fans who had not logged into GTA Online since 2013 were troubled to find that they were unable to transfer their account to the new PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions as promised. Rockstar Games is working hard to address the problem as quickly as possible, per updates on its support page.
Gamers that haven’t played in 2014 were greeted with “No previous Grand theft Auto Online data is associated with your Social Club account” when they tried to get back into the game with the new version. Rockstar subsequently released a patch for PlayStation 3 and PS4 users today, and will do so for Xbox consoles tomorrow. Until then PS4 and XB1 users can still log in to GTA Online, but cannot yet transfer old characters.
Stay tuned to Rockstar’s support page for regular updates on the progress in fixing the error.
- Japan’s Coincheck will refund $400 million in stolen cryptocurrency tokens
- Nintendo Switch players are seeing their playtime erased after a year
- ‘Destiny 2’ players will have to wait a bit longer for new Nightfall rewards
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million
- Social Feed: Regrams join Stories, YouTube bans guns, Pinterest expands shopping