Ah, to live in an age where produce codenames make so much more sense than real product names!
Nintendo has been referring to their next-generation gaming console by its codename “Revolution” for some time, but today the game company took the wraps off the products official name.
Get ready for it: Wii.
Nintendo says the name Wii sounds just like “we,” emphasizing the console is intended for everyone, not just traditional gaming audiences, and is a simple name which can easily be understood worldwide, without abbreviation, regardless of language. The double-i spelling is supposed to symbolize both the system’s unique controllers as well as people coming together to play.
We shall see.
(Just imagine the potential confusion when parents hear that their children are eager to “go wee” in the living room. Sigh
- The best game console you can buy right now
- My Nintendo rewards program will soon offer free Switch games
- Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for April 2018
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch