Troy Baker, the voice actor leading the cast of virtually every major game of the last few years (Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, BioShock Infinite, Tales from the Borderlands, The Crew… the list goes on and on) has taken on a career-defining role: a slice of bread in Bossa Studios’ upcoming I am Bread, “the beautiful story of one slice of bread’s epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted.”
This new trailer, posted by GameSpot, features Baker’s narration as the eponymous bread, struggling to awkwardly work his way across the kitchen. Unfortunately, a disclaimer at the beginning warns that “just to be clear, Troy Baker is not in this game.” Instead this seems to be a promotional stunt. Regardless, the performance is a master class in baked goods acting from gaming’s leading man:
I am Bread is the next game from Surgeon Simulator developer Bossa Studios. The team once again drops players into a physics sandbox, only this time you’re a slice of bread flopping around someone’s house in your endless pursuit of toasty heat. I am Bread is available now in early access on Steam for Mac and Windows.
- Here’s everything we know about Hideo Kojima’s mysterious ‘Death Stranding’
- Playing ‘Fortnite’ on a phone makes me feel old
- Smooth operator: What can you do with a blender versus a food processor?
- Who cares about loot? For ‘Sea of Thieves,’ Rare hid the real fun in the hijinks
- The best movies on Amazon Prime right now (April 2018)