Troy Baker, the voice actor leading the cast of virtually every major game of the last few years (Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, BioShock Infinite, Tales from the Borderlands, The Crew… the list goes on and on) has taken on a career-defining role: a slice of bread in Bossa Studios’ upcoming I am Bread, “the beautiful story of one slice of bread’s epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted.”
This new trailer, posted by GameSpot, features Baker’s narration as the eponymous bread, struggling to awkwardly work his way across the kitchen. Unfortunately, a disclaimer at the beginning warns that “just to be clear, Troy Baker is not in this game.” Instead this seems to be a promotional stunt. Regardless, the performance is a master class in baked goods acting from gaming’s leading man:
I am Bread is the next game from Surgeon Simulator developer Bossa Studios. The team once again drops players into a physics sandbox, only this time you’re a slice of bread flopping around someone’s house in your endless pursuit of toasty heat. I am Bread is available now in early access on Steam for Mac and Windows.
- What do yodeling and Kylie Jenner have in common? YouTube’s top 2018 videos
- Ted Baker’s posh new iPhone cases teach you how to accessorize like a pro
- Twitch streamer Fuslie gives a glimpse of her life and future plans
- The best action movies on Netflix right now (December 2018)
- What’s new on Netflix and what’s leaving in January 2019