Surprise Grammy winners Arcade Fire have released a short trailer for their upcoming 30-minute film directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Jonze. The film is said to serve as a companion piece to the band’s 2010 concept album entitled “The Suburbs.” Anyone who has listened to the album can see the themes of adolescent boredom, kids getting into trouble, and suburban violence cropping up in the Spike Jonze trailer. The short film, which was co-written by frontman Win Butler and brother/bandmate Will Butler, is set to debut at SXSW later this week. Check out the full trailer below.
- District 9 director made a live-action trailer for Anthem, and it’s pretty cool
- Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker movie: Here’s everything we know so far
- Showtime drops trailer for its ‘Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men’ docuseries
- The best movies on Netflix right now (April 2019)
- The best romance movies on Netflix (April 2019)