Surprise Grammy winners Arcade Fire have released a short trailer for their upcoming 30-minute film directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Jonze. The film is said to serve as a companion piece to the band’s 2010 concept album entitled “The Suburbs.” Anyone who has listened to the album can see the themes of adolescent boredom, kids getting into trouble, and suburban violence cropping up in the Spike Jonze trailer. The short film, which was co-written by frontman Win Butler and brother/bandmate Will Butler, is set to debut at SXSW later this week. Check out the full trailer below.
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- The ‘Heathers’ reboot TV series gets a vicious red-band trailer
- Between the Streams: A brutal ‘Sicario 2’ trailer, 10 more years of Star Wars
- MoviePass’ $10 plan for near-unlimited movies surpasses 2 million subscribers
- The 10 best movies that should be made into TV shows