If you’re planning to cut ties with your cable company, Comedy Central just made your impending break-up a little less painful. The network today launched its new iPhone and iPad app, conveniently bundling its shows into a single app with full episodes.
Spotted by 9to5Mac, the app contains full episodes for the network’s most popular shows, including The Daily Show with John Stewart, The Colbert Report, and South Park. These shows are available for free, as are episodes for the show @Midnight and the network’s selection of digital shorts. No cable subscription is needed, but if you have one, you’re in luck. A cable subscription will grant you access to even more content, including unaired (in the sense that you get to watch it before it’s shown on the network) episodes of Inside Amy Schumer and full seasons of Kroll Show, Tosh.0, Reno 911, and Workaholics. If you miss the good old times, the app also contains archived episodes of Chappelle’s Show and Futurama.
The app, similar to streaming service Hulu, puts up new episodes the day after they air. It is currently available for free for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. The network also promises AirPlay Support in the future, saying: “AirPlay support is coming soon, we promise. We’ve chained our tech guy to his desk.”
Download the Comedy Central iPad and iPhone app here.
- Don’t need sports or locals? Philo could be your live TV streamer of choice
- No TV? No problem. Get your March Madness fill online with our full list
- How to mirror your smartphone or tablet on your TV
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- Everything you need to know about Hulu and Hulu with Live TV