AT&T has announced that it will carry the LG Optimus G Pro (read our review here), LG’s stab at taking on the Galaxy Note 2. It’s available exclusively from AT&T for $200 with a two-year contract beginning May 10. Pre-orders will be taken here starting Friday, May 3, and those who order early will get a free Quick Cover black folio case, while supplies last.
Backed by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.7GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, the G Pro sports a 5.5-inch 1920×1080 LCD screen. It also has two cameras – a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, along with a Dual Recording feature allowing for simultaneous recording on both cameras.
Other features sported by the LG Optimus G Pro include QuickRemote, which uses the built-in Infrared (IR) sensor to turn the device into a Universal Remote Control for compatible TVs, Blu-Ray players, cable boxes, and other gadgets. There’s also QSlide 2.0, which lets you overlay up to three applications in one window, and adjust their transparency, as well as new drawing and note-taking software like QuickMemo and VuTalk.
We gave the Optimus G Pro an Editors’ Choice award when we reviewed it, and we’ll continue our coverage as we get closer to its launch next week.
- I put the iPhone’s Dynamic Island on my Pixel 7 Pro — and I can’t go back
- I review phones for a living — here are the 10 apps I can’t live without
- iPhone 14 Pro vs. OnePlus 10 Pro camera showdown isn’t even a contest
- OnePlus 10T pre-orders go live in the U.S., and with a big 5G fix
- OnePlus 10T vs. OnePlus 10 Pro: Don’t buy the wrong OnePlus phone