Samsung continued its venture into the wearable market by announcing the Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and the Gear Fit at this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, if the mysterious appearance of something called the “S-Circle” via the FCC says anything, it’s that Samsung will only continue to embrace that market.
If that name rings a bell, it’s because we saw it show up at the Bluetooth certification page. According to the device description, the S-Circle is an activity tracker, though, as of now, we do not know about any other features of the device.
Even so, we could be looking at a feature set similar to that of the S Band, which Samsung launched around the same time it launched the Galaxy S4. Paired with the handset’s S Health app, the S Band tracked your exercises and sleep patterns. Interestingly, the S Band is no longer available for purchase from Samsung’s website, so an update could be in the works.
If rumors of the device are confirmed, we could expect sensors for monitoring steps, calories, and environmental data, as well as GPS navigation. In addition, we could see voice functionality found in the Gear line to make its way to the S-Circle.
- How to use Samsung’s Bixby assistant for all of your smartphone tasks
- Samsung’s awesome 2018 Galaxy A8 even has a dual-lens camera on the front
- Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Watch Samsung’s CES 2018 press conference live at 2 p.m. PT today
- Check out our favorite Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus accessories